The Shed

The Shed
The Shed

Friday, April 12, 2013

K is for Kale

What else would K be for? Everyone loves this super food. We have a large patch here at Uncle Mac's.




And we'll have another such in fall, right up until the early snowstorms. Kale is just that hardy.




Kale is packed with nutritional goodness.




It's tough to keep the neighbors out of the kale patch, although some of them make great compost.




But really, it tastes better cooked. There's plenty of recipes.




I useter watch Mac Kales navy!




That will be all from you, Agnes.





7 comments:

Jemima Pett said...

We love Dragon Kale - Cavolo nero. It's really hardy and tastes nice even if you pick it frosted - it crisps up as it thaws.
Grows easily and looks cool, too!
Happy A to Z-ing
Jemima at Jemima's blog

Lexie Rising said...

I've never grown Kale, but I suppose I should!

Unknown said...

Our neighbor just brought us homemade Kale Chips and they were delicious!!
Peanut Butter and Whine

Glorygarden@msn.com said...

Gotta grow me some!

Dan Shaw said...

and here I thought K was for Kmart

Unknown said...

I've never tried Kale but I've heard so much about its health benefits.

Have fun with a-z.

Mac Pike said...

Glory you really do need to grow some 4' 10" is just silly!